Virat Kohli is an Indian cricketer as well as the current captain of the India nationwide group. A right-handed top-order batsman, Kohli is considered one of the very best contemporary batsmen worldwide. He bets Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier Organization, and has been the group’s captain considering that 2013.
November 5, 1988
age 32 years
|Real Name||Virat Kohli|
|Nickname(s)||Chikoo, Run Machine|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||5 November 1988|
|Age (as of 2020)||32 Years|
|School||Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi
Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School, Paschim Vihar, Delhi
|Educational Qualification||12th standard|
|Father- Late Prem Kohli (Criminal lawyer)
Mother– Saroj Kohli (Homemaker)
Sister– Bhawna Kohli (Elder)
Brother– Vikas Kohli (Elder)
|Food Habit||Vegetarian (turned vegetarian in October 2019) |
|Address||DLF City Phase-1, Block-C, Gurugram|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes– Watching Roger Federer playing, watching old cricket videos, he likes Soccer and Tennis beside Cricket, Loves to drive, crazy for sushi (food), meeting old friends
Dislikes– Too many guests at home, sitting idle for long time
|Hobbies||Workout, travelling, singing, dancing|
Affairs, Family & More
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sarah-Jane Dias (Actress, rumour)
Sanjana (Model, Actress, rumour)
Tamannaah Bhatia (Actress, rumour)
Izabelle Leite (Brazilian model, rumour)
Mansha Bahl (Model, Actress)
Anushka Sharma (Actress)
|Marriage Date||11 December 2017|
|Children||On 11 January 2021, Virat and his wife, Anushka, blessed with a baby girl, Vamika.
|International Debut||ODI- 18 August 2008 against Sri Lanka at Dambulla
Test- 20 June 2011 against West Indies at Kingston
T20 – 12 June 2010 against Zimbabwe at Harare
|Jersey Number||#18 (India)
|Domestic/State Team||Delhi, India Red, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Nature on field||Very Aggressive|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan, Australia|
|Favourite Shot||Cover Drive, Flick Shot|
|Records (main ones)||
|Career Turning Point||When he captained India’s victorious 2008 World Cup Under-19 side in Malaysia.|
|Coach/Mentor||Raj Kumar Sharma|
|Cricketer(s)||Batsman : Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, David Warner, Joe Root, Herschelle Gibbs
Bowler : Shane Warne
|Cricket Ground||Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia|
|Cricket Commentator||Harsha Bhogle|
|Food||Salmon, Sushi, Lamb Chops|
|Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr.|
|Actresses||Penelope Cruz, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif|
|Film(s)||Bollywood: Border, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Ishq, 3 Idiots
Hollywood: Rocky 4, Iron Man, Southpaw
|TV Show(s)||American: Homeland, Narcos, Breaking Bad|
|Book||Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda|
|Basketball Player||Kobe Bryant|
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, Audi S6, Audi R8 V10, Audi R8 LMX, Audi A8L W12 Quattro, Toyota Fortuner
|Salary (as in 2020)||Retainer Fee: Rs. 7 crore
Test Fee: Rs. 15 lakh
ODI Fee: Rs. 6 lakh
T20 Fee: Rs. 3 lakh
IPL 11: Rs. 17 crore
|Income (as in 2020)||60 Crore|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$ 125 Million|
The Virat Kohli-led team emerged as the winner with a bid that came to Rs 14.25 crore or USD 1.96 million.
Virat Kohli Net Worth Growth In Last 5 Years
|Net Worth in 2021||$ 125 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$ 110 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$ 95 Million|
|Net Worth in 2018||$ 82 Million|
|Net Worth in 2017||$ 65 Million|
Virat Kohli is an epic Indian global cricketer. Presently, he is the captain of Indian cricket group. Because of his amazing efficiency in the field, he is regularly considered as one of the leading batsmen worldwide. Virat Kohli additionally bets Indian Premier Organization (IPL) for Royal Oppositions Bangalore group.
Virat Kohli is the son of Saroj Kohli and Prem. He has an older sister and brother named Bhavna and also Vikash. He completed his institution education and learning from Rescuer Convent Senior Secondary School and Vishal Bharti Public College. Kohli is married to renowned Bollywood starlet Anushka Sharma. Virat as well as Anushka tied their knot on 11th December, 2017 in Florence, Italy.
Virat Kohli made his initial debut in ODIs against Sri Lanka in 2008 Idea Mug. He scored his half-century of 54 runs, in fourth match and sustained India to win that collection. This was likewise the very first ODI collection win of Indian team versus Sri Lanka. Virat played in ICC Champions Trophy 2009 as well as obtained a possibility to play in 4th ODI once Sri Lanka toured India in the year 2009. He scored his first century of ODI, making India to win that collection 3– 1. In the year 2010, Kohli was chosen as vice-captain of India for Tri-series versus Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe. He became the fastest player to score greater than 1000 runs in One Day International cricket in this collection. In the year 2010, Virat was India’s leading run-scorer with 995 runs, consisting of off 3 centuries from 25 matches with 47.38 of standard.
In the year 2011, Virat Kohli was chosen over Suresh Raina in Cricket World Cup and also emerged as the very first Indian gamer to score a launching century in World Cup. Amidst January 2009 and September 2011, Virat was India’s second top marker in Eventually International with 1994 go for 47.47 of average. He attained his job’s second spot in ICC Gamer Rankings for ODI batters after India-Sri Lanka series in the year 2012. He was nominated as ‘ODI Cricketer of the Year’ at ICC yearly feature held in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
He was chosen as vice-captain of Eventually International team in the year 2012. Since, he has leaded the Indian group a number of times in the absence of Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Virat Kohli was additionally handed-over Test Matches captaincy after MS Dhoni professed his retirement in the year 2014.
Some Lesser Facts About Virat Kohli
- Does Virat Kohli smoke?: Not Known
- Does Virat Kohli drink alcohol?: Yes
- Since the age of 3, Virat was captivated by cricket.
- When he was 9 1/2 years old, his daddy took him to Raj Kumar Sharma‘s West Delhi Cricket Academy.
- In 2003, his instructor Raj Kumar Sharma had invited Ashish Nehra to his academy, where he awarded young Kohli as he was the highest run-scorer for Delhi in the 2002-2003 Polly Umrigar Prize, with 172 perform at an average of 40.
- His nickname ‘Chikoo’ was offered by his Delhi State instructor Ajit Chaudhary in his childhood years days.
- His favourite topic was ‘Background’, as well as he used to despise ‘Maths.’.
- In 2006, his daddy passed away of a brain stroke, however the really next day after his papa’s death, he played a match-saving knock for Delhi versus Karnataka, where he scored 90
- He never ever had any backup prepare for his future as he constantly intended to be a cricketer.
- He has a number of superstitious notions. He wears black wristbands, and always remembers to wear his ‘Kada’ prior to his suits.
- He is terrified of heights.
- He doesn’t such as to have lengthy conversions on the
- He always wears black wristbands for superstitious factors.
- He is really aggressive along with a psychological person, he sobs when he obtains distressed. He was seen weeping on the area when India did not receive the semi-finals in 2012‘s T20 Globe cup.
- He won the ICC ODI Player of the Year Honor in 2012.
In 2012, he was called as one of the 10 best dressed international males.
- He was given the Arjuna Honor (2013) and also Padma Shri Honor (2017) by the Federal Government of India.
- The exact same year, he was appointed the first brand name ambassador of Boundary Security Force (BSF).
- He is a significant fan of Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer. He is additionally the co-owner of the ‘UAE Royals’ Global Premier Tennis League group.
- He loves tattoos as well as his count of tattoos keeps raising. The first on his left shoulder is ‘God’s eye’ which is an icon of the power of seeing and also recognizing that which is unknown and also unknowable. Second on his left shoulder is ‘Japanese Samurai warrior’ which is a symbol of living the life based upon loyalty to one’s master, self technique and respectful, moral behavior. Third on his left arm is a ‘Monastery’ which is an icon of a place of peace and also power. Fourth on his left arm is ‘Lord Shiva in meditation with Mount Kailash as well as Mansarovar lake.’ 5th on his best bicep is a ‘Scorpion’ which is his Zodiac sign.
- He has a restaurant in Delhi called’ ‘.
- He is a respectable singer, and also in 2016, a video clip of him singing “Jo Wada Kiya Hai Nibhana Padhega” had gone viral.
- He is an absolutely figured out sportsperson, who is not just concentrated on his cricketing abilities but also in the direction of physical fitness, for which he is idolised by numerous. Go here to see Virat Kohli’s physical fitness keys!
- On 11 December 2017, Virat as well as Anushka got wed in a private event in Tuscany, Italy. More details below!
- On 25 September 2018, the Federal government of India gave Virat Kohli with the distinguished Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- In October 2019, he disclosed that he had actually turned vegan as well as said that after turning vegetarian, he was feeling better and also happy. Taking to Twitter Kohli created,.
- Throughout India’s trip of England in 2014, Kohli scored an average of 5 runs in ten innings with 1, 8, 25, 0, 39, 28, 0,7, 6, and also 20 runs in five Examinations, as well as hereafter clumsy efficiency, he went into anxiety; Kohli revealed this while conversating with previous England player Mark Nicholas on his ‘Not Just Cricket’ podcast, he stated,
- .“ You just do not comprehend how to get over it. That was a phase when I essentially couldn’t do anything to overturn points … I seemed like I was the loneliest individual worldwide.”