Pichai Sundararajan, better called Sundar Pichai, is an Indian-American business executive. He is the chief executive officer of Alphabet Inc. as well as its subsidiary Google. Birthed in Chennai, India, Pichai made his degree from IIT Kharagpur in metallurgical design.
|Full Name||Pichai Sundararajan|
|Famous For||Being the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Google
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||July 12, 1972|
|Age (as in 2020)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School(s)||• Jawahar Vidyalaya, Ashok Nagar, Chennai, India
• Vana Vani school located in IIT Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|College/University||• Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
• Stanford University, California, US
• Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, US
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B. Tech in Metallurgical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
• M. S. in Material Sciences & Engineering from Stanford University, US
• MBA from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, US
|Hobbies||Reading, Watching and Playing Football (Soccer) and Cricket, Sketching, Playing Chess|
Relationships & More
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Anjali Pichai (Chemical Engineer)
|Children||Son- Kiran Pichai
Daughter- Kavya Pichai
|Parents||Father- Regunatha Pichai (Worked as an Electrical Engineer)
Mother- Lakshmi Pichai (Worked as a Stenographer)
|Siblings||Brother- Srinivasan Pichai (Younger)
|Bollywood Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Football Player||Lionel Messi|
|Football Club||FC Barcelona|
|Newspaper||The Wall Street Journal|
|Cars Collection||Range Rover, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Porsche
|Assets/Properties||A $6.8 million house in Los Altos Hills, California
|Salary (approx.)||$2 million annually (as of 2020)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1.3 billion (As in 2018)|
New Delhi: Alphabet and Google CEO Sundar Pichai is one of the highest-paid executives in the world. In 2019, Pichai’s annual compensation was worth $281 million which is equivalent to Rs 2,145 crore (appx). With this staggering figure, Pichai’s per day earnings come to around Rs 5.87 crore.
- The new CEO of Alphabet wakes up between 6:30 and 7 am and likes to have tea and toast with omelette.
- As a child he would mix spicy Sambhar into a sweet dish called Payasam because he didn’t really like sweets.
- Pichai reads the Wall Street Journal in the morning and check out New York Times online before he begins his workday.
For lots of, his small upbringing in Chennai would discuss his humble manner. The reality is that he does lead a simple way of living.
He gets up between 6:30 and also 7 am though he would love to remain tucked in bed for longer. “I am not an early morning individual,” Pichai claimed in a meeting in 2016 including that he likes tea, omelette, as well as salute for breakfast.
Pichai is an example to follow except when it pertains to work out. By his own admission, he goes to the gym “in some cases”, primarily at night.
Nevertheless, he strolls a lot– in workplace! He does much of his meetings pacing up and down. It helps him believe, he claimed.
Millions of people all over the world obtain their news on Google but Pichai can not do without the physical copy of the Wall Street Journal to select his morning tea. He additionally checks out the New york city Times online.
Pichai has 20 to 30 smartphones at his house and he makes use of a lot of them for various tests. He acquired his initial smart device in 2006 however his first mobile phone ever before was a Motorola Startac in 1995. Early starter certainly.
Pichai is known to be a nice guy without a craving for sweets. As a youngster, he mixed Sambar— a tangy, zesty sauce with vegetables— with Payasam, a sweet recipe, that goes by the name kheer in north India. “I simply. I simply wasn’t very fond of desserts,” he said in a 2016 meeting. Fair to think it wasn’t a pleased moment for Pichai’s parents.
Like any other specialist, Pichai was extremely tempted by the numerous offers he obtained throughout his profession. But it was his better half Anjali, who fell in love with Pichai in IIT Kharagpur, that encouraged him to stay on in Google. They have 2 youngsters– Kavya and also Kiran.
Some Lesser Facts About Sundar Pichai
- Sundar Pichai is the CEO of “Alphabet” and its subsidiary “Google LLC.” He is the highest-paid exec of the search-giant- “Google.”.
- Pichai made use of to excel at cricket when he was in school. His leadership skills appeared also then; as he was picked as the captain of his secondary school cricket team.
- Pichai not only protected a level in Metallurgy from one of one of the most prominent institutes in India yet additionally managed to make a scholarship to Stanford College, where he researched products scientific research and semiconductor physics.
- As Pichai’s papa wasn’t economically well-off, it was challenging for his daddy to send him abroad for higher research studies. Nonetheless, his father in some way handled to spend $1000 from the household savings to cover Pichai’s travel and also additional expenditures.
- When he studying at the “Wharton Institution of the College of Pennsylvania,” he was named as the “Siebel Scholar” as well as “Palmer Scholar,” respectively; as he was among the most talented pupils.
- Just a couple of individuals know that Pichai is not an early “Googler.” Prior to joining Google in 2004, he used to function as a monitoring professional with “McKinsey & Firm,” which specializes in metallurgy.
- On 1 April 2004, Pichai signed up with Google. Surprisingly, it was the actual day that Gmail was launched.
- Pichai’s better half, Anjali Pichai, was his classmate at IIT Kharagpur. The duo had such a solid bonding that also distance as well as years might not part the future friends.
- Remarkably, Satya Nadella as well as Pichai were being considered for the post of Microsoft’s Chief Executive Officer. However, the previous was picked as the Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft and also Pichai continued at Google.
- Reportedly, in 2011, Pichai had composed his mind to leave Google as well as sign up with Twitter’s core group. Nevertheless, Google did not desire Pichai to quit, hence they provided Pichai a humongous $50 million in stocks as well as kept him.
- Although he is believed to be among the most politically correct and also neutral executives, he was at consistent loggerheads with the previous head of Android, Andy Rubin. Ultimately,
- Rubin left the Android group to work on a robotics project prior to leaving Google.
- It is believed that it was Pichai that suggested the idea of launching a Google web browser to the after that Chief Executive Officer of Google, Eric Schmidt. Notably, Google Chrome is currently one of the most popular web internet browser in the world.
- Pichai is the third as well as the initial non-white CEO of Google after Larry Web Page as well as Eric Schmidt.
- Pichai has been credited with making the Android group extra open. Prior to organizing Android from Andy Rubin, the Android unit was perceived as a rogue system within Google.
- The November 2015 floodings in Chennai had transformed tragic for Pichai’s granny that was stuck in a structure for 4 days without water, food and also mobile connectivity. As the water level rose, his grandmother needed to be moved to the second flooring of the structure.
- Pichai is a passionate fan of the football club “FC Barcelona,” as well as he views every suit of the club.
- On December 3, 2019, Sundar Pichai changed Larry Page as Chief Executive Officer of Google’s moms and dad firm, Alphabet Inc. Larry Web page made a decision to step down as the CEO and Pichai was assigned as the Chief Executive Officer of both Google and Alphabet.
- On 22 December 2019, it was announced that Sundar Pichai would certainly obtain a significant bundle of $240 million in performance-based supply awards over the next three years. It was the greatest performance honors plan used to any exec of Google ever, and the second-highest ever before on the planet of technology, behind Apple’s Tim Chef.
- On 8 June 2020, in an address to pupils during an online graduation ceremony, Poichais disclosed that it took a year’s salary of his father to get a plane ticket to the United States when Pichai left India for Stanford. Pichai claimed,.
“My papa invested the matching of a year’s salary on my airplane ticket to the U.S. so I could go to Stanford. It was my first time ever before on a plane.”.