Sukhwinder Singh is a globally acclaimed Indian playback singer who mostly sings Bollywood songs.Sukhwinder Singh net worth is estimated about $5 million dollars.
|Real Name||Sukhwinder Singh|
|Famous For||His songs “Chaiyya Chaiyya” and “Jai Ho”|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth||18 July 1971 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Sharika Pind, Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Tattoo||On The Left Bicep: A Mike
|Film (Singer): Karma (1986)|
Awards, Honours, Achievements
|• Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the song “Chaiyya Chaiyya” from the film ‘Dil Se..” (1999)
• Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the song “Haule Haule” from the film ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’ (2009)
• Academy Award for Best Original Song for the song “Jai Ho” from the film ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ (2009)
• Grammy Award for Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media for the song “Jai Ho’ (2010)
• National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer for his rendition of the song “Bismil Bismil” in the film ‘Haider’ (2014)
• Silver Lotus Award for Best Male Playback Singer for the film ‘Haider’ (2015)
• Golden Sparrow Award for Best Male Playback Singer at India’s first Diorama International Film Festival & Market for the song “Kar Har Maidan Fateh” from the film ‘Sanju’ (2019)
Relationships & More
|Food||Mexican Food, Methi Aloo, Amritsari Kulcha, Pav Bhaji, Mangalorean Rice, and Fish Curry|
|Actor||Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Musicians||A. R. Rahman, Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Laxmikant Pyarelal|
Biography & Career
Sukhwinder Singh was born on 18-07-1971 in Shakira, Amritsar in the state of Punjab, India. He is an Indian Vocalist, Playback Vocalist, Lyricist, Author, Music Supervisor & Tv Actor that is best recognized for his singing in Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil and also Kannada cinema.
Sukhwinder Singh was born and also elevated in Amritsar, Punjab. He created a passion in singing at the age of eight as well as sang Lata Mangeshkar’s hit number ‘Sa Re Ga Ma ‘.
He obtained associated with Laxmikant Pyarelal’s troupe in the early 1990s as well as ended up being a music arranger. He made his vocal singing debut with the tune Aaja Sanam from the Hindi movie Khilaaf in 1991. The song, however, went undetected. He after that took place a world trip in the mid-1990s to expose to different styles of songs and not long after he returned, he released his debut Punjabi album titled Munda Southhall Da along with T. Vocalist.
He then returned to Bollywood and also sang among one of the most legendary songs of Hindi movie theater called ‘Chaiyya Chiayya’ from the movie Dil Se in 1998. This tune became an immediate hit as well as brought him to the limelight. After which, he never ever recalled as well as gave hits after hits by singing tracks of the films like Daag, Biwi No 1, Thaksak and Jaanwar among others.
He has delivered the biggest hit tunes of his job by doing playback vocal singing on the songs picturised on Shahrukh Khan such as “Chak De India” of the movie Chak De! India, “Dard-E-Disco” of Om Shanti Om, “Haule Haule” of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi as well as “Satakali” of Happy New Year to name a few.
He is additionally well-known for his association with composer A.R. Rahman. He has sung various unforgettable songs on Rahman’s composed music such as Ramta Jogi, Chaiya Chaiya, Taal Se Taal Mila and also Jai Ho among numerous others.
He has actually won Best Male Playback singer Honor for his tunes like “Chaiyya Chaiyya”, “Haule Haule” and “Jai Ho”.
Some Facts About Sukhwinder Singh
- Does Sukhwinder Singh smoke?: Yes
- Does Sukhwinder Singh beverage alcohol?: Yes
- Sukhwinder was just 8 years old when he offered his initial stage efficiency on the song Sa Re Ga Ma from the movie
- Both his parents passed away when he was just 9 years old.
- He went to Leicester in London to discover songs.
- In 1998, he obtained immense popularity with the track Chaiyya from the movie Dil Se.
- He is a devotee of Lord Shiva as well as Siren Saraswati.
- He has actually sung 7 tracks for Shahrukh Khan, and all have actually been big hits.
- In his early occupation, he made a Punjabi album Munda Southhall Da with T. Singh as well as Laxmikant-Pyarelal.
- He as well as R.Rahman have given many hit songs like Chaiyya (Dil Se), Ramta Jogi (Taal), Jaane Tu Mera Kya Hai (Jaane Tu … Ya Jaane Na), Thok De Killi (Raavan), and so on
- He was just 13 years old when he made up a renowned Punjabi track Tutak Tutiya for vocalist Malkit Singh.
- In 2014, he joined dancing show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7.
- He has functioned as a music director in 10 Bollywood
- His hit track “Chaiyya Chaiyya” from the film ‘Dil Se.” was later opted in the Hollywood movie “Inside Man,” which starred actors like Denzel Washington and also Jodie Foster.
- He thinks about Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan his ideas.
- Sukhwinder told throughout an interview that he awakens early in the
- Sukhwinder is friends with the lyricist, Gulzar as well as the filmmaker-composer, Vishal Bhardwaj.
- He is mostly understood for his Sufi tunes, but Sukhwinder when revealed that he liked singing dancing
- Sukhwinder sang an opera for the first time for the Bollywood movie “Sachin: A Billion Dreams.”
- He is a canine fan and owns 2 pomeranian pets.
- The popular music composer, R. Rahman as soon as called Sukhwinder and asked if he can write a tune for Govind Nihalani film “Thakshak.”
- Although Sukhwinder had actually never tried that type of job before, he determined to give it a try and also wrote ‘Mujhe Rang De.’ The tune was a substantial hit as well as also marked the start of their relationship.
- Sukhwinder informed in an interview that he practiced vocal singing while operating on the treadmill so regarding maintain the top quality of his
- Not just in India, Sukhwinder has made a mark in the worldwide market as well. Around 50 percent of his target market includes non-Indians.
- Sukhwinder has a substantial fan adhering to in the UK, where he began his songs
- His family and friends fondly call him.