14th Prime Minister of India
Narendra Damodardas Modi is an Indian political leader serving as the 14th and present Head of state of India because 2014. He was the Chief Minister of Gujarat from 2001 to 2014 and is the Member of Parliament for Varanasi.
Born: September 17, 1950 (age 70 years), Vadnagar, India
Height: 1.7 m
Spouse: Jashodaben Modi (m. 1968)
Party: Bharatiya Janata Party
Education: Gujarat University (1983), School of Open Learning, University of Delhi (1978), University of Delhi.
|Full Name||Narendra Damodardas Modi|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||17 September 1950 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||70 Years|
|Birthplace||Vadnagar, Bombay State (Now, Gujarat), India|
|Hometown||Vadnagar, Gujarat, India|
|School||Higher Secondary School, Vadnagar, Gujarat|
|College/University||• Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India
• University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
|Educational Qualification(s)||• SSC exam from Gujarat Board in 1967
• BA in Political Science (a distance-education course from Delhi University)
• MA in Political Science from Gujarat University in 1983
|Caste||OBC (Modh Ghanchi),|
|Blood Group||A (+ve)|
|Address (permanent)||C-1, Someshwar Tenament, Ranip, Ahmedabad-382480, Gujarat|
|Address (official)||7, Lok Kalyan Marg (earlier called 7 Race Course Road), New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Reading|
Relationships & More
|Marriage Date||Year 1968|
|Wife/Spouse||Jashodaben Chimanlal Modi
|Parents||Father Late Damodardas Mulchand Modi (died of Bone Cancer in 1989)
|Siblings||Brothers Soma (75 Years) Retired Officer of Health Department,
Amrut Modi (72) A Lathe Machine Operator,
Prahlad (62) Runs a Shop in Ahmedabad,
Pankaj (57) Clerk in the Information Department in Gandhinagar
Sister Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi
|Politician(s)||Syama Prasad Mukherjee, Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Leader(s)||Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Swami Vivekananda|
|Song(s)||• “Jyoti Kalash Chhalke” from the film Bhabhi Ki Chudiyan (1961)
• “O Pawan Veg Se Udne Wale Ghode” from the film Jai Chitod (1961)
|Car Collection||He doesn’t have any car registered to his name|
- Salary (as the Prime Minister of India)₹160,000/ Month + Other AllowancesAssets/PropertiesMoveable (worth Rs 1.41 crore)
- Bank Balance– Rs 4,143 in SBI’s Gandhinagar NSCH Branch
- Fixed Deposits and MOD (Multi Option Deposit Scheme)– worth ₹1,07,96,288 at the same branch
- Infrastructure Bond Deposits (tax saving)– worth ₹20,000; dated 25 January 2012
- National Saving Certificate (Post)– Rs 7.61 lakh
- Life Insurance (LIC) Policy– Rs 1.9 lakh
- Jewellery– four pieces of gold rings, weighing approximately 45 grams worth Rs 1.13 lakh; as in March 2019
- Immovable (worth Rs 1.1 crore)
- A 3,531 sq ft plot in Sector-1, Gandhinagar worth Rs 1.1 crore (as in April 2019)Net Worth (approx.)Rs 2.5 crore (as in April 2019)
|Net worth||₹28.5 million (US$400,000) (June 2020)|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Order of Abdulaziz Al Saud||Saudi Arabia||3 April 2016||Member Special Class, the highest honour of Saudi Arabia awarded to non-Muslim dignitaries|
|State Order of Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan||Afghanistan||4 June 2016||The highest civilian honour of Afghanistan|
|Grand Collar of the State of Palestine||Palestine||10 February 2018||The highest civilian honour of Palestine|
|Order of Zayed||United Arab Emirates||4 April 2019||The highest civilian honour of the United Arab Emirates|
|Order of St. Andrew||Russia||12 April 2019||The highest civilian honour of Russia|
|Order of the Distinguished Rule of Izzuddin||Maldives||8 June 2019||The highest honour of the Maldives awarded to foreign dignitaries|
|King Hamad Order of the Renaissance||Bahrain||24 August 2019||Member First Class, the highest honour of Bahrain awarded to foreign dignitaries|
|Legion of Merit||United States||21 December 2020||Chief Commander, the highest degree of the Legion of Merit|
|CNN-News18||Indian of the Year||2014||Awarded presented annually to various Indians for their work in their respective fields by the Indian media house CNN-News18.|
|Seoul Peace Prize||South Korea||2018||Highest award of South Korea as a node of peace and harmony|
Votes for Modi
|2002||Member of the Legislative Assembly||Rajkot West||Bharatiya Janata Party||45,298||57.32|
|2014||Member of Lok Sabha||Vadodara||8,45,464||72.75|
|Ashwinbhai Narbheshankar Mehta||Indian National Congress||30,570||38.68|
|Shweta Sanjiv Bhat||34,097||21.34|
|Arvind Kejriwal||Aam Aadmi Party||2,09,238||20.30|
|Shalini Yadav||SP-BSP Alliance||1,95,159||18.40|
According to Ghanchi custom, Modi’s marriage was prepared by his parents when he was a youngster. He was engaged at age 13 to Jashodaben Modi, marrying her when he was 18. They spent little time together and expanded apart when Modi began 2 years of traveling, consisting of sees to Hindu ashrams. Reportedly, their marriage was never consummated, and he kept it a key due to the fact that otherwise he could not have become a ‘pracharak’ in the puritan Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. Modi maintained his marriage key for a lot of his career. He acknowledged his spouse for the first time when he filed his nomination for the 2014 general political elections. Modi preserves a close relationship with his mom, Hiraben. A vegan as well as teetotaler, Modi has an economical lifestyle and also is a workaholic and autist. Modi’s 31 August 2012 message on Google Hangouts made him the initial Indian politician to communicate with citizens on an online conversation.
Modi has actually additionally been called a fashion-icon for his trademark crisply ironed, half-sleeved kurta, along with for a match with his name stitched continuously in the pinstripes that he used during a state see by US President Barack Obama, which drew public as well as media attention and objection.Modi’s character has actually been otherwise explained by scholars and biographers as energised, egotistic, as well as charming. He had actually released a Gujarati publication labelled Jyotipunj in 2008, consisting of profiles of different RSS leaders. The lengthiest was of M. S. Golwalkar, under whose management the RSS increased as well as whom Modi refers to as Pujniya Shri Guruji (” Expert worthwhile of worship”). According to The Economic Times, his intent was to clarify the operations of the RSS to his viewers and to reassure RSS participants that he continued to be ideologically aligned with them. Modi authored 8 various other books, mainly having narratives for children. The nomination of Modi for the prime ministership drew attention to his online reputation as “one of contemporary India’s most debatable and divisive political leaders.” During the 2014 election campaign the BJP predicted an image of Modi as a solid, manly leader, who would certainly have the ability to take challenging decisions. Campaigns in which he has taken part have focused on Modi as a specific, in a fashion unusual for the BJP as well as RSS. Modi has relied upon his track record as a political leader able to produce financial growth and “advancement”. However, his role in the 2002 Gujarat troubles remains to attract criticism as well as controversy. Modi’s hardline Hindutva ideology as well as the policies taken on by his federal government continue to draw objection, as well as have actually been seen as evidence of a majoritarian and exclusionary social schedule.
As a Head Of State, Modi has received continually high authorization scores; at the end of his initial year in workplace, he obtained an overall authorization ranking of 87% in a Pew Research poll, with 68% of people ranking him “really favorably” as well as 93% approving of his federal government. His authorization ranking stayed greatly consistent at around 74% with his second year in workplace, according to an across the country survey conducted by insta Vaani. At the end of his second year in office, an updated Church bench Study poll revealed Modi remained to receive high overall authorization rankings of 81%, with 57% of those polled rating him “really favorably.”At the end of his 3rd year in office, a further Seat Research study poll showed Modi with a total approval rating of 88%, his highest yet, with 69% of individuals surveyed rating him “extremely positively.”A survey performed by The Times of India in May 2017 revealed 77% of the participants rated Modi as “very good” and “excellent”.In early 2017, a study from Church bench Proving ground revealed Modi to be one of the most popular figure in Indian politics.In a regular analysis by Morning Consult called the Worldwide Leader Approval Ranking Tracker, Modi had the greatest net approval rating since 22 December 2020 of all federal government leaders in the 13 countries being tracked.
For a more comprehensive list, see Bibliography of Narendra Modi.
- Modi, Narendra. (2004). Aapaatkaal Mein Gujarat(Samskarana 1 ed.). New Delhi: Prabhat Prakashan. ISBN 81-7315-466-X. OCLC 56367646.
- Modi, Narendra (2011). Convenient Action : Gujarat’s Response to Challenges of Climate Change. New Delhi: Macmillan Publishers India. ISBN978-0-230-33192-1. OCLC 696558495.
- Modi, Narendra (2015). Social Harmony. Prabhat Prakashan. ISBN978-93-5048-980-2.
- Modi, Narendra (2015). Jyotipunj. Prabhat Prakashan. ISBN978-93-5186-231-4.
Lesser Facts About Narendra Modi
- Does Narendra Modi Smoke?: No
- Does Narendra Modi Consume Alcohol Alcohol?: No
- He was birthed right into a family members of an oil-pressing neighborhood, which is taken into consideration as the Various other Backward Course (OBC) in India.
- In his childhood years, Modi wished to join the Indian Military and attempted to get himself registered in a Sainik College, but because of economic restrictions, he could not obtain admission in the Sainik College.
- At the age of 17, he left his home as well as travelled to different parts of India.
- Youthful Narendra Modi commonly lent his hands to his dad’s tea-stall at the Vadnagar Train Station.
- When his father passed away of Bone Cancer cells in 1989, Narendra Modi got on Kailash Manasarovar Yatra.
- When he joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), he was appointed to mop the flooring at the RSS Headquarter in Ahmedabad.
- Narendra Modi was engaged to Jashodaben at an extremely young age.
- He does not share his palace with any of his relative.
- He carried out a 3-month training course in the United States on Image Management and Public Relations.
- He is a terrific follower of Swami Vivekananda.
- After Barack Obama, Narendra Modi is the second most complied with leader worldwide on Twitter (greater than 12 million fans).
- He puts on crease-less clothes primarily.
- Throughout his tenure as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, it ended up being the world’s 2nd best State in 2010.
- He never ever took even a solitary day holiday throughout his 13-year period as the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- Narendra Modi is considered as one of the most techno-savvy leader of India as he is very energetic on numerous social media sites platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and so on
- Narendra Modi as well as previous United States Head of state Barack Obama are great pals.
- On 26 Might 2014, he became the very first Prime Minister of India to be born in independent India.
- He always places his signature in Hindi, whether it is a casual occasion or a certification.
- He is a pure vegetarian as well as favors straightforward food in his meal.
- On 28 September 2014, he obtained a full-house function at the Madison Square Yard in New York City.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and also has actually incorporated Yoga exercise in his everyday routine. He is likewise attributed to bring Yoga exercise to the worldwide level by getting it identified as International Yoga exercise Day by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in 2015. Ever since, every year, 21 June is celebrated as International Yoga exercise Day, worldwide.
- In 2015, 3 days prior to the launch of a holy place on his name, the temple was knocked down by participants of the ‘Om Yuva Team’ who had built the temple devoted to Narendra Modi in Kotharia village in Rajkot, Gujarat. Reportedly, they had to pull down the temple as Modi was not pleased with the step as well as he had expressed his displeasure over the building of such holy places. Modi, in a series of Tweets, claimed,
- Have seen the information regarding a temple being constructed in my name. I was horrified. This is surprising & against India’s great customs. Building such temples is not what our society teaches us. Directly, it made me extremely sad. Would certainly urge those doing it not to do it.” Narendra Modi is considered as one of the most prominent leaders in India that has solid links with the public. He is commonly seen breaking the protocol to meet & greet the public.
- In 2016, London’s Madame Tussaud Wax Museum revealed a wax sculpture of Modi.
- On 8 November 2016, in one of the most shocking relocate the administrative background of India, he introduced to demonetize the Rs. 500 & 1000 money notes (the two largest currencies in India back then).
- Narendra Modi has a writer & poet within; he has created a couple of books, generally in Gujarati, consisting of Sangharshma Gujarat (1978) and Jyotipunj (2008 ).
- On 23 May 2019, after the outcomes of the 2019 Lok Sabha Political elections, he became the only leader of BJP to lead the party register greater than 300 seats in the background of Lok Sabha Elections.
- On 30 May 2019, Narendra Modi took the oath as the Head of state of India for the second time.