Kader Khan was an Indian Canadian movie actor, film writer, comedian, and also director. As a star, he showed up in over 300 films after his launching movie in the 1973 film Daag, starring Rajesh Khanna, in which he functioned as a prosecuting lawyer.
Born: October 22, 1937, Pishīn
Died: December 31, 2018, Toronto, Canada
Spouse: Azra Khan (m. ?–2018)
Children: Sarfaraz Khan, Shahnawaz Khan, Quddus Khan
Siblings: Shams ur Rehman, Fazal Rehman, Habib ur Rehman
|Profession(s)||Actor, Writer, Director|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet inches– 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 90 kg
in pounds– 198 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||22 October 1937|
|Date of Death||31 December 2018|
|Place of Death||At a hospital in Toronto, Canada|
|Age (at the time of death)||81 Years|
|Death Cause||Prolonged illness|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India (Earlier, his family used to live in Balochistan, Pakistan)|
|School||A Municipality School in Mumbai|
|College/University||Ismail Yusuf College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduate
• Master’s Diploma in Engineering (MIE)
|Tribe/Community||Kakar Tribe of Pastun Community|
|Address||102, Raj Kamal, 2nd Hasnabad Lane, Santacruz (West), Mumbai|
Relationships & More
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage Date||In the mid-1970s|
|Children||3||Sons– Qudroos Khan (A security officer at the airport), Sarfaraz Khan (Actor), Shahnawaz Khan (Actor, Director)
|Parents||Father– Abdul Rehman Khan (Priest or Moulvi)
Mother– Iqbal Begum (Domestic Worker)
|Siblings||Brother(s)– Shams ur Rehman, Fazal Rehman, Habib ur Rehman (All 3 have died)
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Director(s)||Manmohan Desai, Prakash Mehra|
|Favourite Author(s)||Maxim Gorky, Anton Chekhov, Fyodr Dostoevsky, Saadat Hasan Manto|
|Debut||Actor: Daag (1973)
Producer: Shama (1981)
Screenwriter: Jawani Diwani (1972)
TV: Hasna Mat (2001)
|Awards, Achievements||1982- Filmfare Award – Best Dialogue for the film ‘Meri Awaaz Suno’ (1981)
1991- Filmfare Award – Best Comedian for the film ‘Baap Numbri Beta Dus Numbri’ (1990)
1993- Filmfare Award – Best Dialogue for the film ‘Angaar’ (1992)
2013- Sahitya Shiromani Award
Life Style,Career & More
Kadar Khan was just one of the most prolific actors that Bollywood had actually ever seen. With a record of over 200 movies and an endearing style of acting, the late star has actually secured an area for himself in the hearts of cinema fans. He passed away in December 2018 due to Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, a degenerative illness that triggers loss of balance, trouble in walking and also dementia.
Though he had rather a successful profession, few know that he was raised in abject destitution. He made his method from the slums of Mumbai to the glittery and also attractive world of Bollywood. Maturing in Mumbai’s red-light area Kamathipura, he observed a substantial variety of human frailties as well as feelings which he later on gathered the films that he acted in and also composed.
On the legendary actor’s 83rd birth anniversary,(2020) here’s taking a look at what made Kadar Khan, well, Kadar Khan.
KADAR KHAN’S LIFE BEFORE COMING IN BOLLYWOOD
Kadar Khan’s very early life was not a bed of roses. Birthed in Baluchistan, Kader had actually three bros named Shams ur Rahman, Fazal Rahman and Habib ur Rahman. Sadly, they all passed away prior to the age of 8 in Afghanistan. His moms and dads made a decision to move to India since they felt the land of Afghanistan was unfortunate for their children. His daddy, Abdul Rahman Khan, was from Kandahar, Afghanistan while his mom, Iqbal Begum, from Pishin.
When in India, Kadar matured in the shanty towns of Kamathipura, Mumbai’s notorious red-light area. From hooking to medicines and also murder, the star has seen every little thing in the gross shanty towns. His parents divorced when he was just three years old, making things even worse for him. Kadar Khan’s actual daddy was a maulvi and also a professor.
When his parents obtained separated, his mommy was compelled to marry an additional guy that was very abusive. He would usually ask Kadar to ask his actual daddy for cash.
In an interview, Kadar Khan had actually claimed that his family members would rest vacant stomach 3 days a week. Unable to get out of chronic destitution, Kadar Khan at a childhood, determined to quit school as well as locate work at a neighborhood mill like other kids in the slum. He had actually disclosed that when his mom sent him to a Madrasa for education and learning, he used to hide in a nearby graveyard from the Mosque. Right here he utilized to sit down, scream out loud as well as pass scenes from the day-to-day live.
In an earlier meeting, he had actually said that his mommy compelled him to examine as opposed to working. He was quoted saying, “My mommy had actually stated ‘If you end up being a daily labourer today, your Rs 3/day will remain the exact same permanently. However bear in mind, if you want to eliminate this destitution, you need to educate on your own initially’.”.
After his mom’s advice, he obtained registered in school and later he graduated from Ismail Yusuf University affiliated to Mumbai College. He also did post-graduation in civil engineering. He went on to function as a professor at MH Saboo Siddik University of Design, Mumbai before Dilip Kumar found him and offered him his first job in Bollywood.
KADAR KHAN HAS A LEVEL IN ARABIC LANGUAGE.
The late actor has a Master’s level from Osmania University in the Arabic language. His dad Maulvi Abdur Rahman was not just a religious scholar but was a post-graduate in Arabic language and also Islamic literary works. Before he died, he had asked Kadar Khan to take over his legacy and although he wasn’t curious about it, Kadar Khan concurred. When he told his daddy that he had definitely no understanding of the Islamic society, his father asked him if he had any knowledge about Bollywood before joining it. That opened his eyes and he used up MA in Islamic Studies as well as Arab Literature from Osmania College in 1993. For that, he also took a break from acting.
In a meeting to an enjoyment portal, Kadar Khan had said, “During his last days my dad went to Holland and taught Islamic studies to Dutch students. One day he held my hand as well as stated, ‘You remember you promised me something?’ I stated, ‘I didn’t guarantee, yet I will attempt to educate Islam’.” He expired soon. That’s why I relocated far from movies as well as started educating Islamic law as well as hadees (the words and activities of Prophet Mohammed).”.
To fulfil his dad’s desires, Kadar Khan then made different Islamic training courses for pupils on Islamic tenets, Sharia regulations and the like. He also opened up the KK Institute of Arabic Language and Islamic Studies in Dubai as well as later in Canada to convey training in Arabic and Islamic legislations as taught in the Holy Quran.
Actually, Kadar Khan was additionally extremely identified by the American Federation of Muslims from India (AFMI) for his achievement as well as service to the Muslim neighborhood in India.
KADAR KHAN ENJOYED SOMEBODY ELSE BEFORE MARRYING AZRA KHAN.
For someone that wrote pretty romantic scripts also, Kadar Khan had refuted having an enchanting side to him. He had actually disclosed earlier that he liked a girl but his mommy defeated him up. He had no affairs afterwards as well as married Azra. To a home entertainment portal, he claimed, “A woman had actually resembled me yet Maa ne belan se maar kar mujhe suja diya (mommy defeat me with a moving pin and my face got swollen). That romanticism then expressed itself with my pen. Bahut gurbat dekhi hai (I’ve seen raw poverty) therefore I was not surprised by glamour. I have a tidy record. I have actually had no affairs. Any person else in my position would certainly have contended least a dozen. But there’s been none.”.
Lesser Facts About Kadar Khan
- Did Kadar Khan smoke?: Not Known
- Did Kadar Khan beverage alcohol?: Not Known
- Kadar was born into destitution in an Afghani-Muslim religious family members.
- He had 3 siblings who all died in their adolescence before Kadar was born. After Kadar’s birth, his moms and dads relocated from Kabul to Mumbai with him; as they had a superstitious belief that the location they were remaining at was curseful and also had brought miseries in their lives.
- His family’s decision to transfer to Mumbai had actually brought no ton of money, also worse; as they utilized to stay in Mumbai’s Kamathipura, a location infamous for its sex tourist. Kadar frequently made use of to miss the school; as he had no shoes, and instead, he used to invested his day in the nearby graveyard, where he utilized to emulate the people.
- There was not much to value around in his unpleasant childhood, and any more hope also finished, when his moms and dads obtained separated. Additionally, his decision to stick with his mom showed to be an incorrect one; as he was treated badly by his step-father.
- In the most challenging situations, he handled to remain concentrated at his studies; as he removed his institution and also college exams with difference. After that, he took place to show Mathematics at M. H. Saboo Siddik Engineering University in Mumbai.
- Together with teaching, his fascinating performances as an actor and writer at M. H. Saboo Siddik Engineering College’s theater plays had actually constantly been the talk of the town.
- As a theater artist, his wage was 350.
- His life took a brand-new turn when he performed a play in an annual feature at the college, where Dilip Kumar was the primary guest. Dilip got so much satisfied with his performance that he signed him in his two movies, ‘Sagina’ (1974) and ‘Bairaag’ (1976 ).
- Along with acting, his creating career also thrived after he co-wrote an enchanting comedy movie ‘Jawani Diwani’ (1972 ), starring Randhir Kapoor as well as Jaya Bachchan. For this movie, he obtained a commission of 1,500 for ‘Jawaani Diwaani,’ but in spite of that, he proceeded with his teachings career.
- Such was the demand of his writings that Manmohan Desai paid him a hefty amount of 1 lakh for creating the discussions of the film ‘Roti’ (1974 ), starring Rajesh Khanna as well as Mumtaz.
- After the duo of Javed Akhtar and Salim Khan, he played a crucial function in Amitabh Bachchan’s acting profession as he composed popular dialogues in his movies like ‘Naseeb,’ ‘Agneepath,’ ‘Muqaddar Ka Sikandar,’ ‘Mr. Natwarlal,’ ‘Amar Akbar Anthony,’ and ‘Laawaris.’.
- He excelled in all departments of acting as well as was among those stars who could play a comic and a villain effortlessly.
- He made use of to be a close friend of Amitabh Bachchan, and even advised him, not to go into national politics. But after Amitabh joined national politics, which is just one of the reasons why their relationship ended.
- A part from films, he had likewise worked on numerous preferred TELEVISION shows such as ‘Mr. Dhansukh,’ ‘Hasna Mat,’ and ‘Hi there! Padosi … Kaun Hai Doshi?’.
- He inherited the teaching of the Quran from his Moulvi father and also was a “Hafiz-e-Quran,” a person who has actually completely memorised the Quran. Moreover, he was also honoured by the ‘American Federation of Muslims from India’ (AFMI) for his acting and solution to the Muslim area in India.
Kadar Khan in Makkah during Hajj
- His occupation covered five decades, where he went on to operate in over 300 movies.