Gurdas Maan was born upon 4 January 1957 (age 62 years; as in 2019) in Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab. Gurdas Maan net worth is $50 million.
January 4, 1957
age 64 years
|Real Name||Gurdas Maan|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Choreographer, Actor|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.75 m
in feet inches– 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||4 January 1957|
|Age (as in 2019)||62 Years|
|Birthplace||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Giddarbaha, District Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|School||Yadavindra Public School, Patiala, Punjab, India|
|College/University||A college in malout
Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala, India
|Educational Qualification||Diploma Course in Sports Coaching from National Institute of Sports, Patiala, India|
|Hobbies||Gymming, Yoga, Poetry|
|Song: Dil Da Mamala Hai (1980)
Relationships & More
|Wife/Spouse||Manjit Maan (producer, director)
|Children||Son- Gurickk G Maan (video director, producer)
|Parents||Father– Late Sardar Gurdev Singh Mann
Mother– Late Bibi Tej Kaur
|Siblings||Brother– Paramjit Bahia|
|Favourite Food||Rajma chawal, Sarso Saag|
|Favourite Actor||Guggu Gill|
|Favourite Singers||Kuldeep Manak, Surinder Shinda|
|Favourite Colours||Black, Grey|
|Favourite Song||Aye Meri Zohra Jabeen from the movie Waqt (1965)|
Biography & Career
Gurdas Maan (birthed 4 January 1957) is a Punjabi artist, musician, choreographer, as well as star. He is considered as a standout amongst the most striking figures in Punjabi songs. He was birthed in Giddarbaha town of Punjab, to a Sikh Jutt household to the late S.Gurdev Singh Maan and also the late Bibi Tej Kaur. He gained nationwide interest in 1980 with his vocal singing occupation. From that point forward, he has continued to videotape more than 34 albums as well as has composed greater than 305 songs. In 2013 he introduced his YouTube channel to remain connected with his fans by means of video clip websites and also upload old new tune recordings.
Gurdas Maan is the primary Punjabi artist to win the national honor for Best Male Playback Vocalist at 54th National Film Awards for telling the whole story through his vocal singing of Heer in Waris Shah: Ishq Daa Waaris.
Gurdas Maan is regularly credited with raising Bhangra music from a territorial degree essentially in Punjab to boost around the world acknowledgment. Since its release, the significantly well-known tune Apna Punjab has actually outperformed the majority of his different tracks as for popularity, particularly at the Asian Pop and Media Honors held in Birmingham in 1998 where “Apna Punjab” won Ideal Song and also Best Album.
Gurdas Maan rose to popularity with his hit song “Dil Da Mamla Hai.” Right after that came “Mamla Gadbad Hai” as well as “Chhalla”, the last being the hit flick song from the Punjabi flick ‘Laung Da Lishkara’ (1986 ), which Maan tape-recorded under the music instructions of incredible Jagjit Singh.
On different fronts, Maan has been featured in blockbuster Bollywood films and also has gotten different honors, consisting of the Court’s Honor, exhibited to him by the president of India in 2005. In 2015 he carried out on the tune “Ki Banu Dunia Da” with Diljit Dosanjh in MTV Coke studio India that was released in season 4 episode 5 (16 August 2015) on MTV India. The song released on 15 August 2015 and also hit in excess of 32 million views on YouTube in two-week.
In 2009 he won “Best Worldwide Cd” at the UK Asian Songs Honors for Boot Polishan. The remarkable Gurdas Maan is today a standout among one of the most popular Punjabi to life. This superb sparkling star of Punjabi music and also movies has held the most effective spot detainee for almost two decades. He has actually kept up an extraordinary complete passion as well as won the core of various globally crowds.
His design is unique and goes in different ways from that of the vocalists around with his extraordinary mix of singing ability and also appeal that gleams in his stage presence.
Keep tuned to discover even more regarding Gurdas Maan as well as his Way of life.
Some Facts About Gurdas Maan
- Does Gurdas Maan smoke?: No
- Does Gurdas Maan beverage alcohol?: Yes
- Throughout his university days, he provided his first stage efficiency at a main event of Punjab State Electrical Energy Board on the song Sajna Ve Sajna, paying attention to which, their official staff obtained a lot pleased that they gave him a job in their department.
- He was a great athlete and has actually won a bronze design at the National Fumbling Champion.
- He is likewise a black belt in
- He used to join young people events arranged by different colleges and won many honors for his singing as well as acting.
- He has created & routed the TV program POP Time for Doordarshan, Delhi.
- Enjoying one of his stage performance on the song Dil Da Mamla Hai, the manufacturer of a Jalandhar TELEVISION station approached him for the TV recording of the exact same song. Maan quickly accepted it, after which the tune was broadcast on 31 December 1980, and also became an instantaneous hit.
- For his evergreen track Apna Punjab Hove, he has obtained awards in various classifications such as The Best Tune, The Best Cd, and also The Best Worldwide Artist of the Oriental Pop and Media Honor, held in Birmingham, UK
- In 2005, he won the Court’s Award (The National Movie Award), which was given by the President of India.
- In 2009, he won the very best Worldwide Album Award at the UK Asian Music Awards for his superhit song Boot Polishan (2007 ).
- On 7 September 2010, he has actually bestowed an honorary doctorate from the Wolverhampton University in the UK for his tremendous payment to International Punjabi songs, art, and also culture.
- On 9 January 2001, he met a mishap at a town near Rupnagar, Punjab, in which his driver cum buddy Tejpal died as well as later he committed the tune Sawari to him.
- On 20 January 2007, at a town near Karnal, Haryana, he again met an auto crash in which he was hit by a vehicle, after which he got small injuries on his face and body, as well as his vehicle driver Ganesh suffered significant injuries.
- In 2015, Maan did on the tune “Ki Banu Duniya Da” in addition to Diljit Dosanjh on the Coke Studio.
- He has actually made an unique appearance in the Bollywood film “Veer Zaara.”
- Each year in the month of May, he executes at the Dera Baba Murad Shah Ji (Nakodar, Punjab) as he is a devotee of Baba Murad Shah Ji & Sai Laddi Shah Ji.
- He is a huge supporter of Manchester United Football Club.
- He always intended to be an effective solo musician, which’s why he turned down several deals to carry out as a duet artist.
- Aside from Punjabi, he is also well-versed in Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Haryanvi and Rajasthani languages.
- He has actually generated 34+ albums as well as has actually created 305+ songs.
- He considers ice-cream his weak point.
- Gurdas in addition to his spouse Manjit Maan has a production home “Sai Productions” in Mumbai.
- Maan was granted a National Movie Award for the ‘Ideal Male Playback Singer’ for the film Waris Shah: Ishq Daa Waaris by the head of state of India.
- He is usually dealt with as “The Living Legend,” “Maan Sahab,” as well as “The Pride of Punjab.”
- Maan has the dining establishment “The Studio– by Gurdas Maan” which is based upon the principle of offering fine-dining experience with live musical performances.