Rupinder Singh “Gippy” Grewal, is an Indian star, vocalist, movie director as well as manufacturer whose jobs cover over Punjabi as well as Hindi film market. His solitary “Phulkari” was very successful in the Punjabi music sector.
January 2, 1983
age 38 years
|Real Name||Rupinder Singh Grewal|
|Profession||Actor, Singer, Producer|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 180 cm
in meters– 1.80 m
in feet inches– 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 75 kg
in pounds– 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 inches
– Waist: 32 inches
– Biceps: 14 inches
|Date of Birth||2 January 1983|
|Age (as in 2021)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Koom Kalan, Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|School||Nankana Sahib Public School, Kot Gangu Rai, Ludhiana, Punjab|
|College/University||North India Institute of Hotel Management, Panchkula, Haryana|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Hotel Management|
|Hobbies||Acting, Singing, Doing the bhangra|
|Debut||Song: Chakk Ley Ft.Jagdev Maan (2002)
Relationships & More
|Children||Son(s)– Ekomkar Grewal, Gurfateh Grewal (Shinda), and Gurbaaz Grewal
|Parents||Father- Late Santokh Singh
Mother– Kulwant Kaur
|Siblings||Brother- Sippy Grewal (Film Producer)|
|Food||Yellow Dal, Bhindi|
|Singers||Kuldeep Manak, Gurdas Maan, Chamkila|
|Shooting Locations||Punjab, Canada|
Gippy Grewal Net Worth
His net worth is estimated to be $ 5 Million Dollar as in 2020.
Gippy Grewal Biography & Career
Gippy Grewal was born on 2 January 1982 in Koom Kalan Village of Ludhiana area of Punjab in India. His actual name is Rupinder Singh Grewal. He is an Indian Actor and Singer who works mainly in Punjabi cinema. He shot to fame with his hit single Phulkari.
Gippy Grewal is a Punjabi as well as Hindi movie industries film director, star, singer, filmmaker, and lyricist. His solitary called Phulkari has made a number of records in the Punjabi music world. He made his acting debut in 2010, with the film Mel Karade Rabba. For his dazzling acting Jihne Mera Dil Luteya, he was awarded by the’ PTC Best Star Award’ in 2011. After his movie Farrar, he pertained to lock Kaptaan in 2016. His debuted solitary was Chakkh Lai an album by Aman Hayer. His 2012 hit track’ Angreji Beat’ was included plainly in a Bollywood movie Mixed drink.
He performed in Birmingham in addition to Sandwell mela in 2014. He made his movie launching as an advocate of the 2010 Punjabi film Mel Karade Rabba. When it was launched, he played a considerable role in Jihne Mera Dil Luteya and also has actually ended up being the top – earning movie in the Punjabi movie. His movie Mirza— The Untold Story was launched in April 2012 with the finest main opening for a Punjabi film. On July 2012, his film Carrie on Jutta was released which was the 2nd highest opening movie of pollywood as well as additionally a grossed income earner. In 2013, his film Singh vs Kaur was launched followed the various other films such as Lucky Di Unlucky Story, Bhaji in Issue as well as Finest of Best of luck.
In 2014, he has cast in the dramatization and also action film Jatt James Bond thriller. In 2014, his 2nd film was a Double Di Difficulty comedy film. He called his voice for Die Hard, the very first Hollywood movie dubbed in Punjab, in a Punjabi variation of a good day. He made his debut in 2015 in Bollywood via a film Dharam Sankat Mein which was a comedy-drama movie.
Later on he made a full debut with an enchanting funny movie Used Spouse in Bollywood. Gippy Grewal made his newest Hindi film Lucknow Central with Farhan Akhtar in September 2017.
Some lesser known facts about Gippy Grewal
- Does Gippy Grewal smoke?: Yes
- Does Gippy Grewal beverage alcohol?: Yes
- Gippy was born into a middle-class household in Koom Kalan, Ludhiana, Punjab.
- Gippy is not a professionally qualified vocalist, however a natural born singer.
- He worked at a hotel in Delhi prior to coming to be a specialist singer.
- Gippy has actually included in lots of effective Punjabi movies consisting of “Singh vs Kaur,” “Lucky Di Unlucky Story,,” “Best of Luck,” “Manje Bistre,” “Jatt James Bond” as well as “Dual Di Difficulty.”
- He has sung a number of hit Punjabi songs like “Angreji Beat,” “Hello there Hey there,” “Oscar,” “Desi Gana,” “Poor Child,” “Pind Nanke,” “Channa,” “Massi,” and “Dubai Wale Shaikh.”
- According to him, Arjun Rampal is the most frustrating celebrity with zero knowledge of acting.
- Gippy was phobic to water yet he discovered swimming in order to conquer his phobia.
- His dream is to play the character of Rahul Mehra of Darr (1993) played by Shahrukh Khan.
- He opened “My Desire Academy” to offer Punjabi young people a platform to improve their acting abilities as he felt government stopped working to do so.
- He is just one of the few stars that got the opportunity to represent Punjab in Bollywood.
- Gippy is very keen on canines.
- His hit track “Angreji Beat” was simply prepared in 2 hrs in a coffee shop in Canada. At first, he wanted to sing ‘Desi Beat’ however Honey Singh suggested him to maintain it ‘Angreji Beat.’ Surprisingly, the track was never ever sung in the studio and also its called version was released.
- Gippy borrowed money from his relatives and good friends to release his initial songs album.
- Gangster Dilpreet Singh called him on his Whatsapp asking him for extortion cash and also endangered Gippy for his life if Gippy fell short to meet his needs.