Dia Mirza is an Indian version, starlet, producer, as well as social worker that mainly operates in Hindi films. Mirza won the title of Miss Asia Pacific International in 2000. She made her acting launching with Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein. She subsequently included in films consisting of Dus, Lage Raho Munnabhai and Sanju. Dia Mirza’s net worth is $3 Millions.
|Birth name||Dia Handrich|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, Film Producer & Social Activist|
|Height||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth||9 December 1981 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||39 Years|
|Birthplace||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||• Vidyaranya High School, Hyderabad
• Nasr School, Hyderabad
• Stanley Girls High School, Hyderabad
|College/University||Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts from Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad|
|Religion||Her father was a German Catholic, her mother is a Bengali, and her step-father is a Dakhini Muslim. Despite these factors, she follows Hinduism.|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Reading, Doing Photography & Travelling|
|Tattoo(s)||‘Aazad’ imbibed on the wrist of her left hand
|Bollywood Film: Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein (2001)as ‘Reena Malhotra’
Bengali Film: Paanch Adhyay (2012)
TV: Ganga – The Soul of India (2016)
Web Series: Kaafir (2019)
As a Producer: Love Breakups Zindagi (2011)
Awards, Honours, Achievements
|• 2020: Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival – Award for Best actress for the web series “Kaafir”
• 2019: Filmfare Glamour & Style Awards for Woman of Style & Substance• 2019: IWM Digital Awards – Best actor female (critics) for the web series “Kaafir”• 2017: The ‘Valerian of Environmental Issues’ by the makers of the film “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets”• 2016: Rotary Awards – The Woman of Substance
• 2016: Femina Miss India – Ms. Eternal Beauty
• 2011: Women’s Achievement Award
• 2011: Green Globe Honor for Extraordinary Work by a Public Figure
• 2005: Great Women Achiever Award for Beauty
Relationships & More
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Salman Khan (rumoured)
• Vashu Bhagnani (Film Producer; rumoured)
• Kunal Kapoor (rumoured)
• Bunty Sachdeva (Musician)
• Sahil Sangha
• Mohit Raina (rumoured)
|Marriage Date||• First Marriage: 18 October 2014
• Second Marriage: 15 February 2021
|Marriage Place||• First Marriage: Sahil Sangha’s farmhouse in Chattarpur, Delhi
• Second Marriage: Dia Mirza’a residence in Bandra, MumbaiNote: The wedding function of Dia Mirza and Vaibhav Rekhi was conducted by a priestess.
|Husband/Spouse||• First Husband: Sahil Sangha (m.2014-d.2019)
• Second Husband: Vaibhav Rekhi (businessman)
|Parents||Father- Frank Handrich (Graphics and Industrial Fair Designer, Architect, Artist, and Interior Designer based in Munich)
Step-father- Ahmed Mirza (died in 2003)
Mother– Deepa Mirza (Interior designer, Landscaper)
|Food||Hyderabadi Biryani, Nihari, Khatti Daal, Qheema|
|Cuisines||Punjabi, Hyderabadi, European, Italian, Thai|
|Book(s)||“The Silk Roads: A New History of the World” by Peter Frankopan, “A New Earth: Create a Better Life” by Eckhart Tolle, “The Faraway Tree” by Enid Blyton, “The Secret Life of Bees” by Sue Monk Kidd, “The Motorcycle Diaries” by Che Guevara|
|Travel Destination(s)||Machu Picchu in Peru, Leh, Cambodia, Africa|
|Car Collection||• Lexus LX
• BMW X1
|NET WORTH:||$3 MILLION|
|1999||En Swasa Kaatre||Dancer||Tamil film; Extra|
|2001||Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein||Reena Malhotra|
|2002||Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge||Muskaan|
|2003||Pran Jaye Par Shaan Na Jaye||Saundarya|
|2004||Tumsa Nahin Dekha||Jiya|
|Kyun…! Ho Gaya Na||Preeti||Special appearance|
|My Brother… Nikhil||Special appearance|
|Blackmail||Mrs. Rathod||Special appearance|
|2005||Naam Gum Jaayega||Natasha/Gitanjali|
|Koi Mere Dil Mein Hai||Simran|
|Fight Club – Members Only||Anu Chopra|
|Lage Raho Munna Bhai||Simran|
|Prateeksha||Reena Brown||Television film|
|Phir Hera Pheri||Item number (song)|
|2007||Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.||Shilpa|
|Shootout at Lokhandwala||Meeta Mattoo|
|Heyy Babyy||Herself||Special appearance in a Song|
|Om Shanti Om||Herself||Special appearance|
|Fruit and Nut||Monica Gokhale|
|Kurbaan||Rehana (WIACB reporter)||Special appearance|
|Luck By Chance||Herself||Special appearance|
|2010||Hum Tum Aur Ghost||Gehna Sinha|
|2011||Love Breakups Zindagi||Naina|
|2016||Salaam Mumbai||Karishma||Iranian-Indian Film|
|2021||Wild Dog||Priya Verma||Telugu film|
Some Facts About Dia Mirza
- Dia was birthed to Frank Handrich, a German Catholic, as well as Deepa, a Bengali Hindu.
- When Dia was four-and-a-half years old, her moms and dads got divorced, as well as her mom obtained remarried to Ahmed Mirza, a Dakhini Muslim from Hyderabad. Dia took her action papa’s last name. She is the only youngster of her moms and dads.
- While studying in school, she functioned as an advertising executive for a multimedia company, Neeraj’s Multi-media Studio and earned a monthly salary of Rs. 5000. At the same time, she functioned as a model for brand names like Lipton, Wall’s gelato, as well as Emami.
- When she had just finished her schooling, she got a call from one of her household close friends, (that worked at the Times of India workplace in Hyderabad) who told Dia about the
- Miss India contest. She sent her profile and also was selected for the contest.
- Her mommy protested Dia participating in the Miss India competition due to the fact that she wanted Dia to study in a legislation school in Bangalore. Nevertheless, her step-father persuaded her mom to allow her join the competition.
- In 2000, she ended up being the 2nd jogger up at the pageant, Femina Miss India. She also won the title of Miss Beautiful Smile, Miss Avon, as well as Miss Close-Up Smile at the contest.
- Later, she was sent out to Miss Asia Pacific, where she won the contest and also brought India its 3rd win in the international beauty pageants in the year 2000 (Lara Dutta won Miss Universe, as well as Priyanka Chopra won Miss World).
- In 2000, she initially showed up in Babul Supriyo and also Alka Yagnik’s tune ‘Khoya Khoya Chand’, opposite Akashdeep Saigal.
- After making her acting launching with the 2001 movie “Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein,” she acted in several ticket office hits such as, Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge (2002 ), Dum (2003 ), Tumsa Nahin Dekha– A Love Story (2004 ), Parineeta (2005 ), Lage Raho Munnabhai (2006 ), Salam Mumbai (2016 ), and Sanju (2018 ).
- In 2000, she additionally showed up in the Tamil film “En Swasa Kaatre.”
- She co-owned a manufacturing called “Born Free Amusement” with her ex-husband, Sahil Sangha. Films like, Love Breakups Zindagi (2011) as well as Bobby Jasoos (2014 ), and the web collection, Mind the Malhotras (2019) were produced under the banner. After getting separated from her spouse, she launched her production house “One India Stories” in December 2019.
- For many years, Dia has advanced as a social lobbyist; fighting for numerous social causes. She has been included Cancer cells Sufferers Aid Organization, Spastics Society of India, PETA, CRY, and also NDTV Greenathon as well as has collaborated with the federal government of Andhra Pradesh to spread out understanding about HIV and prevention of female foeticide.
- In 2010, she embraced two cheetah cubs at the Royal prince of Wales zoological park in Lucknow.
- Dia, together with Aamir Khan came out honestly in support of Narmada Bachao Andolan.
- On 5 June 2017, on the event of World Setting Day, she was designated as the Brand name Ambassador the Wildlife Trust of India (WTI). She has offered her support to WTI in their campaigns as well as is likewise one of the establishing member’s of the Club Nature effort of WTI.