Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is an Indian actress and the winner of the Miss World 1994 pageant. Primarily known for her work in Hindi and many Tamil flicks, she has established herself as one of the most popular and influential celebrities in India through her successful amusement career.
Marriage Date: 20 April 2007
Age: 46 Years
Height: 5′ 7″
|Real Name||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan|
|Profession||Actress and Model|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 56 kg
in Pounds- 123 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-36|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green Blue|
|Date of Birth||1 November 1973|
|Age (as in 2020)||47 Years|
|Birth Place||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai|
|College||Jai Hind College, Mumbai
D. G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
|Educational Qualifications||College dropout|
|Address||Jalsa, B/2, Kapol Housing Society, VL Mehta Road, Juhu, Mumbai
Villa in Sanctuary Falls in Jumeirah Golf Estates, Dubai
|Hobbies||Knitting, collecting watches and reading|
|• In 1996, she sued the Star and Style magazine for an quantum of 20 million (2 crore INR) for publishing that actress Raveena Tandon had caught her and Akshay Kumar in a compromising position at the poolside of a 5 star hostel.
• Her relationship with Salman Khan from 1999 to 2001 was controverial, and after her break-up she said that she faced abuse ( verbal, physical and emotional) from Salman Khan.
• After the casting settee sting operation of Shakti Kapoor in 2005, he said that Aishwarya had traded sexual favors for a spot in Subhash Ghai’s pictures. But, latterly he apologized for his words and considered it as a result of his wrathfulness.
|Film Debut: Iruvar (1997, Tamil film)
Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya (1997, Bollywood film)
Relationship & More
|Father– Krishnaraj Rai (Army biologist)
Mother– Vrinda Rai (Homemaker)
Brother– Aditya Rai (Engineer in merchant navy)
Father-in-law– Amitabh Bachchan (Actor)
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rajeev Mulchandani (Model)
Salman Khan (1999-2001)
Vivek Oberoi (Actor)
Abhishek Bachchan (Actor)
|Husband||Abhishek Bachchan, Actor (2007-present)
|Marriage Date||20 April 2007|
|Children||Daughter- Aaradhya (born in 2011)
|Favourite Food||Chicken Curry and Chocolates|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan and Raj Kapoor|
|Favourite Film||Hollywood: Casablanca (1942)|
|Favourite Directors||Mani Ratnam and Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Favourite Book||The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho|
|Favourite Color||Black, Blue and White|
|Favourite Perfume||Happy by Clinique|
|Favourite Fashion Designer||Giorgio Armani|
|Favourite Destination||France, Dubai and South Africa|
|Cars Collection||Audi A8
|Salary (approx.)||9-10 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$35 million|
|1997||Iruvar||Pushpavalli/Kalpana||Tamil||Film Debut; Tamil Film Debut|
|Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya||Ashi Kapoor||Hindi|
|1998||Jeans||Madhumitha/Vaishnavi||Tamil||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil|
|1999||Aa Ab Laut Chalen||Pooja Walia||Hindi|
|Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam||Nandini||Hindi||Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|Ravoyi Chandamama||Herself||Telugu||Special appearance in song “Love to Live”|
|Taal||Mansi||Hindi||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|Kandukondain Kandukondain||Meenakshi||Tamil||Dubbed into Telugu as Priyuralu Pilichindi|
|Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai||Preeti Vyas||Hindi||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|Dhai Akshar Prem Ke||Sahiba Grewal||Hindi|
|Mohabbatein||Megha Shankar||Hindi||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress|
|2002||Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam||Suman||Hindi||Guest appearance|
|Hum Kisise Kum Nahin||Komal Rastogi||Hindi|
|23 March 1931: Shaheed||Mannawali||Hindi||Special appearance|
|Devdas||Parvati “Paro” Chakraborty||Hindi||Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|Shakti: The Power||Herself||Hindi||Special appearance in song “Ishq Kamina”|
|Dil Ka Rishta||Tia Sharma||Hindi|
|Kuch Naa Kaho||Namrata Shrivastav||Hindi|
|Kyun…! Ho Gaya Na||Diya Malhotra||Hindi|
|Bride & Prejudice||Lalita Bakshi||English||Dubbed into Hindi as Balle Balle! From Amritsar to LA|
|Raincoat||Neerja||Hindi||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|The Mistress of Spices||Tilo||English|
|Bunty Aur Babli||Herself||Hindi||Special appearance in the song “Kajra Re”|
|2006||Umrao Jaan||Umrao Jaan||Hindi|
|Dhoom 2||Sunehri||Hindi||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|2007||Guru||Sujata Desai||Hindi||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|Provoked||Kiranjit Ahluwalia||English||Dubbed into Hindi with the same title|
|The Last Legion||Mira||English|
|2008||Jodhaa Akbar||Jodhaa Bai||Hindi||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|Sarkar Raj||Anita Rajan||Hindi|
|2009||The Pink Panther 2||Sonia Solandres||English|
|Raavanan||Ragini Subramaniam||Tamil||Dubbed into Telugu as Villain|
|Enthiran||Sana||Tamil||Dubbed into Hindi as Robot and in Telugu as Robo|
|Guzaarish||Sofia D’Souza||Hindi||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|2016||Sarbjit||Dalbir Kaur||Hindi||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|Ae Dil Hai Mushkil||Saba Taliyar Khan||Hindi|
|2018||Fanney Khan||Baby Singh||Hindi|
|2022||Ponniyin Selvan 1||Nandini / Mandakini Devi||Tamil||Post-production|
|2023||Ponniyin Selvan 2|
|2000||Bollywood im Alpenrausch||Herself||English
Uncredited; cameo appearance
|2011||Bollywood: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told||Herself||English
Some Facts About Aishwarya Rai
- Does Aishwarya Rai drink? No
- Aishwarya did her 1st announcement commercial for Camlin pencils when she was in the 9th standard.
- She was a bright pupil and constantly used to score over 90.
- If not an actress, she’d have moreover been an mastermind or in drug line as she always liked Zoology.
- During her 12th standard, her English professor asked her to do a print shoot for a fashion magazine, as she was also a photojournalist. After doing it,
- She started getting modelling offers but she refused them as she wanted to concentrate on her studies. But, after her 12th examinations, the glamour world attracted her and she did modelling for a frisk.
- Before getting notorious, she tried her luck in voice- styling for a Television diurnal but was rejected.
- In 1993, she came into spotlight with her Pepsi marketable alongside Aamir Khan and Mahima Chaudhry.
- She was the hot favorite to win the 1994 Miss India title, but she lost it to Sushmita Sen, substantially due to her lack of public speaking chops.
- During the Miss World title days in South Africa, all the 82 rivals and the organizers gave her a big surprise birthday bash by singing‘ Happy Birthday’in their separate languages.
- She won the Miss World title on 19 November 1994 in South Africa.
- Julia Roberts formerly said that “ Aishwarya Rai is the most beautiful woman in the world.”
- She’s a trained classical cotillion.
- She’s the only actress to have featured for both Pepsi and Coca Cola.
- During the timber of the song Dola Re Dola from the film Devdas (2002), She suffered from observance bleeding due to heavy earrings.
- After the success of the film Devdas (2002), Mattel released a limited edition of‘Aishwarya Rai Barbie dolls’in the United Kingdom.
- In 2003, she came the 2nd Indian actress (1st was Parveen Babi) to appear on the cover runner of the TIME magazine.
- During the firing of her film Khakee (2004), she had an accident due to the eschewal of control auto of the stuntman, after which she suffered severe cuts.
- In 2004, she came the 1st Indian actress to have her wax statue at London’s Madame Tussauds gallery.
- She was offered the part of Breseis in the film Troy (2004), but she turned down the offer.
- She innovated the Aishwarya Rai Foundation in 2004 to support indigent people in India.
- She was originally inked to play the part of Simmi in the film Bluffmaster (2005), but was latterly replaced by Priyanka Chopra without any notice. After the film was made, Rohan Sippy, the director of the film added a‘ Special thanks” communication for her in the end credits as an reason.
- A variety of Tulip flowers in the Netherlands is named Aishwarya Rai.
- She and her family enjoy a product company, Target Flicks.
- She has been supporting the Eye Bank Association of India (EBAI), PETA India, Polio Campaign.
- In 2004, she was suggested among 100 Utmost Influential People in the World by Time Magazine.
- Her lavish marriage in 2007 cost around 6 crores (INR), where she wore a 53-carat bijou engagement ring worth 50 lakh (INR) and entered around 15 kg of gold.
- In 2009, she came the 1st Indian and South Asian actress to appear in the notorious Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Her daughter Aaradhya is popularly known as Beti B.
- She’s a good friend of Preity Zinta and Twinkle Khanna.
- She has Katsaridaphobia, i.e. fear of cockroaches.
- She had a snap with Ranbir Kapoor in 1998, and 18 times latterly in 2016, they came together in the film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.
- On 12 July 2020, Aishwarya and her 8- time–old daughter Aaradhya Bachchan, both were tested positive for COVID-19. Before, her hubby, Abhishek Bachchan and father-in- law Amitabh Bachchan had also been tested positive on 11 July 2020.