Muhammed Aamir Hussain Khan is an Indian actor, supervisor, filmmaker, and television talk show host. Via his profession covering over three decades in Hindi movies, Khan has established himself as one of one of the most popular as well as significant actors of Indian movie theater.
|Full Name||Muhammed Aamir Hussain Khan|
|Nickname(s)||Mr. Perfectionist, The Choco Boy|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 inches
– Waist: 30 inches
– Biceps: 13 inches
|Date of Birth||14 March 1965|
|Age (as in 2020)||55 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School(s)||J.B. Petit School, Mumbai (pre-primary education)
St. Anne’s High School, Bandra, Mumbai (till the eighth grade)
Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, Mumbai (ninth and tenth grade)
|College/University||Narsee Monjee College (Twelfth grade)|
|Educational Qualification||12th Standard|
|Ethnicity||Mixed (mainly Pathan)|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian (At the age of 50, he decided to quit non-vegetarian)|
|Address||2, Hill View Apartments, Opposite Mehboob Studio, Hill Road, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Listening Old Music, Watching Movies, Playing Chess, Tennis and Cricket|
Relationships & More
|Marriage Date(s)||First Wife: 18 April, 1986
Second Wife: 28 December, 2005
|Wives/Spouse(s)||First Wife: Reena Dutta (m.1986 – div.2002)
Second Wife: Kiran Rao (m.2005 – present)
|Children||Sons- Junaid Khan (from First Wife),
Azad Rao Khan (from Second Wife)
Daughter– Ira Khan (from First Wife)
|Parents||Father- Late Tahir Hussain (film producer)
Mother- Zeenat Hussain
|Siblings||Brother- Faisal Khan (younger)
Sisters– Farhat Khan and Nikhat Khan (both younger)
|As a child actor: Yaadon Ki Baaraat (1973)
As a lead actor: Holi (1984)
Producer: Lagaan (2001)
TV: Satyamev Jayate (2014)
1989: Best Male Debut for Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak
1997: Best Actor for Raja Hindustani
2002: Best Actor for Lagaan
2007: Best Actor (Critics) for Rang De Basanti
2008: Best Director for Taare Zameen Par
2017: Best Actor for DangalAcademy Awards
2002: Film Lagaan was nominated for Best Foreign Language FilmBIG Star Entertainment Awards
2010: BIG Star – Film Actor of Decade (Male)Government Awards
2003: Padma Shri by the Government of India
2009: Raj Kapoor Smriti Vishesh Gaurav Puraskar by the Government of Maharashtra
2017: National Treasure of India by the Government of China
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honours, and achievements to his name.
|Food||Indian and Moghlai dishes, Dal and rice|
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar, Daniel Day Lewis, Leonardo DiCaprio, Govinda|
|Actresses||Waheeda Rehman, Geeta Bali, Madhubala, Sridevi|
|Restaurant(s)||Frangipani at the Trident (Mumbai), India Jones (Mumbai)|
|Tennis Player||Roger Federer|
|Destination(s)||Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani|
|Cricketer(s)||Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly|
|Writer||Lav Nikolayevich Tolstoy|
|Board Game||Settlers of Catan|
|Song||“Oh Re Taal Mile” from the film Anokhi Raat (1968)|
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Benz S600, Bentley Continental,
Rolls Royce Ghost Phantom,
Land Rover Range Rover SUV, BMW 6 series
|Salary (approx.)||₹60 crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹1302 Crore ($200 Million)|
Some Lesser Facts About Aamir Khan
- Does Aamir Khan smoke?: Yes
- Does Aamir Khan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Aamir originates from film industry history as his dad was a movie producer and his uncle was additionally a film-maker.
- His great grand uncle Abul Kalam Azad was a preferred Indian freedom fighter as he led the Khilafat Movement and also was an ardent advocate of Mahatma Gandhi. He has actually named his younger kid Azad Rao Khan in the memory of his excellent grand uncle.
- His dad’s film productions were a flop in a majority, which caused poor financial problems. He informed that during that time, there were around 30 calls a day from loan providers asking for money and he was constantly at risk of being removed from college for not paying charges.
- He adored balloons and kites in his youth.
At the age of 8, he made a headstart of his job as a child star in the movie Yaadon Ki Baaraat, which is thought about the first Bollywood masala film.
- The same year, he played the more youthful function of Mahendra Sandhu in his father’s manufacturing Madhosh.
- Since his childhood years, he wanted playing yard tennis as well as additionally represented his school in a number of state-level championships. He was likewise the state Tennis winner for Maharashtra.
- At 16, he functioned as an Assistant Director with his friend Aditya Bhattacharya (Filmmaker Basu Bhattacharya’s son) in his quiet experimental film titled Fear.
- For the promotion of his film- Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, he, along with his relative and co-star Raj Zutshi, went on roads to stick the posters of the movie on the buses and also auto-rickshaws in Bombay.
- In 1990, he was featured in Indra Kumar‘s movie- Dil, which was his very first significant hit after 4 flops in a row.
- While filming the feat for the movie- Ghulam, which showcased Aamir operating on rail tracks in the direction of an oncoming train, he simply missed the train by 1.3 secs as he embarked on the track. Furthermore, this scene was additionally granted the very best Scene Honor at the 44th Filmfare Honors, but he contradicted it.
- Ultimately, in 1996, he generated a smash hit- Raja Hindustani, which received wonderful laurels from the audience. His kiss with Karisma in the movie is considered as one of the lengthiest kisses in a Bollywood film.
- He took in one litre of vodka before the shoot of the tune “Tere Ishq Mein Naachenge” to supply his drunk character extra effectively.
- To enter into the personality of Bhuvan in his motion picture Lagaan, he obtained his ears punctured to ensure that he can use jewelry in real. In addition, his incredible performance in Lagaan took the movie to the Oscars.
- When Farah Khan approached him to make an unique appearance in Om Shanti Om song, he declined by claiming that he is active in shooting and can not make up time for it.
- In his blockbuster hit- PK, his character was shown fond of paan, and he consumed approximately over 10000 paans during the filming of the whole movie.
- Aamir was the front runner for movies Darr, Swades, Saajan, as well as Hum Aapke Hain Koun, which later on mosted likely to Shah Rukh Khan, Sanjay Dutt, as well as Salman Khan and became hits.
- When he was invited on the display of his wax imitation at Madame Tussauds, he decreased to attend the same.
- Aamir doesn’t rely on showbiz as well as keeps uniformity in his birthday celebration. Yearly, he reduces his cake and afterwards relishes a dinner with his household. In addition, he takes a resolution yearly on his birthday to quit smoking cigarettes however ends up damaging it.
- Aamir was provided the function that Sharman Joshi played in 3 idiot by Raju Hirani. Nonetheless, he revealed his rate of interest in character- Rancho as well as charmed the audience later with his extraordinary acting.
- While filming for a drunk scene in 3 idiot, Aamir recommended actually to get drunk, as well as they all did, which led to numerous retakes till the stock of cam overcame. Right here’s a glance of the making of that scene:
- In a meeting, Aamir revealed that Abhijaat Joshi is working with the follow up of 3 idiot , which might hit the theaters around 2020.
- In 2012, he came up with an Indian television talk show- Satyamev Jayate, which was aired at the same time on Star Plus, STAR Globe, and Doordarshan and finished three periods in 8 languages.
- He was featured while Publication’s checklist- “100 Many Prominent Individuals worldwide” in 2013.
- Her better half Kiran revealed on Koffee With Karan that Aamir despises taking a shower and also has an eating disorder.
- Aamir’s motion picture Dangal charmed the audience with his special acting skills as well as ended up being the first Indian motion picture to earn over 2000 crores globally as well as additionally the highest possible making movie in China in the year 2017.
- For his flick Dangal, he was first asked to get 28kgs of weight and after that shed 25 kg in the time duration of 5-6 months to play more youthful Mahavir Singh Phogat, and he was personally trained by Rahul Bhatt.
- It was also exposed by Dangal’s director, Nitesh Tiwari that Aamir used to abuse a whole lot during his workout sessions in the fitness center.
- Besides acting, he has actually additionally been a main ambassador of UNICEF.
- He has a son with his second spouse, Kiran Rao via surrogacy as well as he additionally ended up being a representative for Invitro Fertilisation after this.
- Aamir has actually been preventing media coverage and also going to honor ceremonies since 1990; when he was nominated for Finest Actor award for his movie Dil, but the honor went to Sunny Deol for Ghayal.
- Aamir loves fixing Rubik’s cube and is also a professional at it. Below’s a video clip where he has actually solved the dice in simply 36 seconds while discussing his next movie:
- He is likewise an outstanding videographer; as he has fired the wedding ceremony of Akshay Kumar and also Twinkle Khanna in 2001.
- Aamir’s fans are not only minimal to India, yet they are generated around the world. International superstar Jackie Chan is a large follower of his work.
- In 2018, he was starred in Vijay Krishna Acharya’s film- Goons of Hindostan based upon a fictional unique entitled Admissions of a Goon.
- Aamir usually discusses the definition of his preferred song “Oh Re Taal Mile” from the film “Anokhi Raat” to every other individual he talks with.